The NHMRC are inviting nominations for an outstanding Australian for NHMRC’s biennial award to recognise long-term contribution, individual commitment and support of NHMRC and health and medical research.
The NHMRC 2017 Outstanding Contribution Award will be given to individuals who have:
- made significant contributions to NHMRC
- been strong advocates for health and medical research
- been inspirational role models for the health and medical research community.
The following criteria will also be considered:
- personal, academic and professional achievements
- demonstrated leadership, innovation and creativity
- the impact of their contribution to Australian health and medical research and its outcomes
- residence of the nominee in Australia.
Past winners of the NHMRCOutstanding Contribution Award are:
2015: Professor Melissa Little
- 2013: Professor Ron Trent
- 2011: Mrs Elizabeth Grant AM
- 2010: Professor David Weisbrot AM
- 2007: Sr Regis Mary Dunne AO; Mr Peter Wills AC.
Nominations should be not more than 500 words (an A4 page) and should provide examples of how the nominee meets the criteria for the Outstanding Contribution Award. The nominations will be assessed by the Chief Executive Officer of NHMRC, on advice from the Senior Executive of ONHMRC.
Please send your nominations, by 5pm AEDT Friday 31 March 2017 to firstname.lastname@example.org or by post to:
NHMRC Outstanding Contribution Award
Parliamentary and External Communications
National Health and Medical Research Council
GPO Box 1421
Canberra ACT 2601