Strategic Plan 2021 – 2025
Created under the direction of the Executive Board and with input from our twenty partners, WAHTN’s Strategic Plan 2021 – 2025 defines our Vision, Mission, Purpose, and a series of Strategic Goals and Activities grouped under four pillars.
The health of Western Australians is optimised through a collaboration of researchers, clinicians and consumers embedding research, innovation and its timely translation into world-class policy and practice.
To support, catalyse and integrate innovative research with high-quality clinical care.
- Promote health research, innovation and translation in response to state and national health priorities
- Unify health researchers, clinicians, educators, consumers, health providers and industry to promote excellence and increase scale and national competiveness
- Enable excellent research and its translation into policy and practice
- Advocate on behalf of health researchers, clinicians and consumers
- Catalyse increased public and private investment in Western Australia’s health research and innovation
Strategic goals and activities
Contribute to national and international competitiveness through:
- Facilitating new and more diverse research partnerships at state, national and international level
- Leveraging investment opportunities
- Enhancing opportunities for WAHTN partners through collaborative investment in Australian Health Research Alliance Initiatives and Networks
- Facilitating major multi-partner WA-led bids for national and international competitive research funding
- Communicating research and innovation success through local and national networks to enhance translation of knowledge to practice at scale
Promote excellence in research and innovation through:
- Facilitating the development of research platforms that enable research and innovation for WAHTN partners, including:
- clinical trial support
- data-driven healthcare
- Building on our strengths by identifying and supporting areas where WA research is at or near a level of global excellence
- Identifying and supporting research in specific areas of priority
- Strengthen priority setting, research, and translation of research into practice through:
- Promoting a streamlined ethics and governance system
- Promoting a strong research culture in clinical settings, and providing support and guidance to ensure research is embedded and valued throughout clinical organisations
- Advocating for research-informed and research-enabling legislation, policy and governance
Enhance the capacity and capability of WA’s clinical research workforce including through:
- Advocating for quarantined research time
- Facilitating a coordinated state-wide approach to research training and education
Promote the involvement of consumers and community in all aspects of research activity.
WAHTN Strategic Plan on a Page [PDF, 3MB]
WAHTN Strategic Plan 2021 – 2025 [PDF, 6MB]