Please see below for current funding opportunities. If you have a funding opportunity you’d like us to feature, please let us know.
- NHMRC Targeted Call for Research into Hearing Health 2021 – The overarching objective of the 2021 Hearing Health TCR is to support research that develops an evidence base for future policies, interventions and initiatives to support the Hearing Services program. Minimum data due 2pm AWST Wednesday 24 November 2021. Applications close 2pm AWST Wednesday 8 December 2021.
- National Health and Medical Research Council (NHMRC) Targeted Call for Research: Improving health of people with intellectual disability 2021 – The intended outcome of the IHPID TCR is the improvement of long-term health outcomes and quality of life of people with an intellectual disability. Minimum Data: 2pm AWST Wednesday 1 December 2021. Applications close 2pm AWST Wednesday 15 December 2021.
- Australian Research Council (ARC) Linkage Projects – supports projects which initiate or develop long term strategic research alliances to apply advanced knowledge to problems, acquire new knowledge and as a basis for securing commercial and other benefits of research. Applications close 2pm AWST Thursday 16 December 2021.
- Western Australian Future Heath Research and Innovation Fund – Innovation Challenge 2021: Child and Youth Mental Health. Funding will be provided on a competitive basis to innovation proposals which demonstrate potential to develop and implement novel (new) processes, products and/or services relevant to chid and youth mental health. The proposed solution must result in transformative/disruptive change. Applications close 1pm AWST Tuesday 1 February 2022.
- Western Australian Future Heath Research and Innovation Fund – Translation Fellowships 2021: Mental Health. Fellowships are being made available to high-quality early- to mid-career researchers to conduct translational research projects to increase translational research expertise and capacity in WA and facilitate the translation of research findings into policy and/or practice. Application must be via an eligible WA administering institution and there must be partnership with at least one WA provider of mental health services. Fellowship funding up to $200,000 per annum for three years is available, and may be used for salary and research costs. Applications close 1pm AWST, Tuesday 8 February 2022.
- National Health and Medical Research Council (NHMRC) European Union Collaborative Research Grant Scheme – The NHMRC-EU Collaborative Research Grant Scheme provides a contribution to Australian institutions and researchers who are participating in leading international collaborative research that has been selected for funding through Horizon Europe (see linked website for eligible topics). Applications close 2pm AWST Wednesday 9 February 2022.
- MRFF TBIM and EPCDRI – 2021 Traumatic Brain Injury Grant Opportunity – Applications close 2pm AWST Wednesday 9 February 2022.
- MRFF – Dementia, Ageing and Aged Care Mission – 2021 Dementia, Ageing and Aged Care Grant Opportunity – aims to improve outcomes for people living with dementia and older Australians. Minimum Data : 2pm AWST Wednesday 2 February 2022. Applications close 2pm AWST Wednesday 16 February 2022.
- MRFF Clinical Trials Activity Initiative – 2021 International Clinical Trial Collaborations Grant Opportunity – Minimum Data: 2pm AWST Wednesday 2 February 2022. Applications close 2pm AWST Wednesday 16 February 2022.
- MRFF – Genomics Health Futures Mission – 2021 Genomics Health Futures Mission Grant Opportunity – several funding streams for genomics based research, see linked website for details. Minimum Data: 2pm AWST Wednesday 2 February 2022. Applications close 2pm AWST Wednesday 16 February 2022.
- MRFF – EPCDR Initiative – 2021 Chronic Musculoskeletal Conditions in Children and Adolescents Grant Opportunity – 3 streams of research that focus on chronic autoimmune diseases that affect the musculoskeletal system; chronic musculoskeletal pain; congenital musculoskeletal diseases. Minimum Data: 2pm AWST Wednesday 2 February 2022. Applications close 2pm AWST Wednesday 16 February 2022.
- MRFF – Primary Health Care Research Initiative – 2021 Primary Health Care Research Grant Opportunity – Stream 1: test and implement new applications of existing wearables in primary health care practice, with potential for scalability. Stream 2: test the effectiveness of new point-of-care testing delivery models in rural, regional and/or remote areas (MM3-7 according to the Modified Monash Model locator) and/or through mobile delivery. Minimum Data: 2pm AWST Wednesday 9 February 2022. Applications close 2pm AWST Wednesday 23 February 2022.
- MRFF – Cardiovascular Health Mission – 2021 Cardiovascular Health Grant Opportunity – Several streams of funding into cardiovascular health including biological mechanisms; improved understanding of risk, support of preventative measures; accelerating equitable patient access to best care that results in best possible outcomes; targeted personalised lifelong care approaches, to prevent further stroke or heart events and the development of new treatments. Minimum Data: 2pm AWST Wednesday 2 February 2022. Applications close 2pm AWST Wednesday 23 February 2022.
- MRFF – Stem Cell Therapies Mission – 2021 Stem Cell Therapies Grant Opportunity – The objective of the MRFF Stem Cell Therapies Mission is to support world-leading translational stem cell research that develops and delivers innovative, safe and effective stem cell medicines to improve health outcomes, in partnership with patients and carers. Minimum Data: 2pm AWST Wednesday 9 February 2022. Applications close 2pm AWST Wednesday 23 February 2022.
- National Foundation for Medical Research and Innovation (NFMRI) Alzheimer’s Disease Grant Round EOI – Round 1 EOI close 3pm AWST Thursday 14 October 2021. Round 2 EOI close 3pm AWST Monday 21 March 2022.
- Stan Perron Charitable Foundation – Health Research Grant applications for Program and Partnership – Applications must fulfil the general Health Research Funding Guidelines as stated on the Perron website and can be submitted anytime.
Please see below for current funding opportunities for students.
- Cancer Council WA Honours/Masters Scholarships – Paul Katris Cancer Research Honours/Masters Scholarships to provide support for students to develop and advance cancer-related research whilst undertaking their Honours/Masters degree. The scholarships include funding of up to $7,500, consisting of a $6,000 stipend and $1,500 for research related costs. Applications close Wednesday 1 December 2021.
- Lung Foundation Australia Better Breathing Foundation PhD Scholarship – Students with an allied health background who are about to commence a PhD in chronic lung disease research are invited to submit an application. Scholarship funds include $91,000 +GST to support the student stipend and $35,000 +GST to support research costs over 3.5 years. Applications close Friday 17 December, 2021.
Register with GrantConnect to receive notifications on current Australian Government grant opportunities.