The Medical Research Future Fund (MRFF) Investigator Grants is a new opportunity to ensure the next generation of Australian researchers have the capacity to make and progress medical discoveries. The Investigator Grants also aim to promote opportunities for clinical researchers to work in partnership with professional colleagues and industry.
The objectives of the Grants is to support the research program of outstanding early- to mid-career clinical researchers which contribute to the following MRFF priority research areas:
- Australian Brain Cancer Mission
- Million Minds Mission
- Genomics Health Futures Mission
- Ageing, Aged Care and Dementia Mission
- Indigenous Health Research Fund
- Stem Cell Therapies Mission
- Mission for Cardiovascular Health
- Traumatic Brain Injury Mission
- Preventative and Public Health Research
- Primary Health Care Research
- Global Health – Tacking Antimicrobial Resistance and Drug Resistant Tuberculosis
In line with the MRFF supporting and funding research translation, all applicants will need to also demonstrate how the grant will influence one or more of the following:
- Best practice clinical care
- Commercial health or medical research product / technology development
- Health policy
- Health system improvement
The Grant will consolidate salary and research support into a single grant scheme by offering a salary component (if required) and a Research Support Package (RSP).
To support its objective, this Grant opportunity will only support applicants at the Emerging Leadership (EL) category of the National Health and Medical Research Council (NHMRC) Investigator Grant scheme. The EL Category is restricted to researchers who are less than, or equal to, 10 years post-PhD or equivalent and comprises two salary levels (EL1 and EL2) with corresponding RSPs.
Applications close 2pm (AWST), Wednesday 27 November, 2019.