- This event has passed.
Introduction to Biostatistics: Understanding and Reporting Research Results
This seminar will explain:
• why we use significance testing;
• how to interpret confidence intervals and p-values;
• how the sample size and variability effect the results;
• why bias and confounding factors are important considerations in designing studies;
• where to find statistical support at PMH.
To attend the event, please register online.
Watch the video-recording of the presentation (available for a limited time only)
Presenter: Dr Julie Marsh
Julie is an experienced statistical consultant who has worked in the Pharmaceutical industry for many years before returning to academia.
She teaches statistics at UWA and is a Senior Research Fellow at the Telethon Kids Institute.
Online registration required. Please see event description for details