The Grand Challenges Explorations Program fosters innovation in global health research. Proposals for Round 17 are being accepted on the following topics:
- Assess Family Planning Needs, Preferences and Behaviors to Inform Innovations in Contraceptive Technologies and Services
- Develop Novel Platforms to Accelerate Contraceptive Drug Discovery
- Design New Analytics Approaches for Malaria Elimination
- Accelerate Development of New Therapies for Childhood Cryptosporidium Infection
- Novel Approaches to Characterizing and Tracking the Global Burden of Antimicrobial Resistance
- Explore New Solutions in Global Health Priority Areas
Funding & Duration
Initial grants will be US $100,000 (approx. AUD $140,000) each, and projects showing promise will have the opportunity to receive additional funding of up to US $1M (approx. AUD $1.4M).
The grant program is open to anyone from any discipline, from student to tenured professor, and from any organisation – colleges and universities, government laboratories, research institutions, non-profit organisations and for-profit companies.
Submission Requirements & Due Dates
Round 17 closes on 11 May 2016
All applications must be submitted directly to the Foundation online. Complete instructions can be found at: http://gcgh.grandchallenges.org/application-instructions
Please contact Michelle Emmett , Research Development Adviser (International) at email@example.com to answer questions and/or provide support for application development.