The Federal Health Department has launched three Genomics Health Grant Opportunities. The $156 million Projects Grant stream and the $17.6 million Ethical, Legal and Social Issues Research Grant stream. There’s also the $106 million Flagships stream. All of which form part of the Genomics Health Futures Mission (GHFM) and will be delivered over nine years from 2019-20 to 2027-28 through a number of rounds.
To be eligible you must:
- Have an Australian Business Number (ABN)
- Be incorporated in Australia
- As per s24 of the Medical Research Future Fund Act 2015 you must be one of the following eligible bodies:
- a medical research institute
- a university
- a corporate Commonwealth entity
- a corporation (including businesses and not for profits)
Joint applications are encouraged, provided you have a lead applicant who’s the main driver of the project and is eligible to apply.
Read more about the Genomics Health Futures Mission – Projects & Ethics Grant Opportunities Applications close 3pm, Friday 31 May
Read more about the Genomics Health Futures Mission – Flagships – Pathogen Genomics Opportunity Applications close 3pm, Thursday 11 July