The Linkage Projects scheme supports projects which initiate or develop long term strategic research alliances to apply advanced knowledge to problems, acquire new knowledge and as a basis for securing commercial and other benefits of research.
To facilitate successful collaboration between higher education institutions and other parts of the innovation system, there will be three assessment rounds for Linkage Projects for funding applied for in 2020, an d funding outcomes will be recommended to the Minister within six months of the application closing date for each round.
The Linkage Projects scheme objectives are to:
- Support the development of long-term strategic research alliances between higher education organisations and industry and other research end-users, in order to apply advanced knowledge to problems
- Provide opportunities for internationally competitive research projects to be conducted in collaboration with organisations outside the higher education sector
- Enhance the scale and focus of research in Australian Government priority areas
The intended outcomes of the Linkage Projects scheme are:
- The growth of a national pool of world-class researchers to meet the needs of the broader Australian innovation system
- Economic, commercial, environmental, social and/or cultural benefits for Australia
Applications may only be submitted through the Research Office of an Eligible Organisation listed in the Grant Guidelines. The application must nominate at least one Chief Investigator (CI). The first CI will be the Project Leader. Additional CIs and Partner Investigators (PIs) may be nominated in the application.
The Estimated Grant Value is between $50,000 to $300,000.
Grant applications close 2pm (AWST), Tuesday 1 December 2020.