The Stan Perron Charitable Foundation is launching a new funding opportunity in the area of child health research. This includes research initiatives covering antenatal health as well as projects to address the health and well-being of adolescents and young adults.
The Foundation prioritises research which has impact, translates to positive outcomes for children, involves community and consumers and builds research capacity within Western Australia.
The following three areas are being considered for funding by the Foundation:
- Platforms supporting outstanding research
- Includes applications for clinical and scientific personnel from any health-related discipline to conduct research
- Includes infrastructure needed to support research
- Examples of which may qualify for consideration in this category include those requiring consumer or community involvement, data solutions, equipment, facilities, biobanks and research training
- Major research Programs which are collaborative and outcome driven for up to five years
- Programs involving partnerships and funding contributions from out bodies
- Involves significant innovation and/or build capacity within Western Australia are especially encouraged
- Partnerships encouraging collaborations between researchers and institutions to improve health outcomes for children in Western Australia
- Maybe single research projects or a program
- funding will be contingent on partnership support and co-funding with the lead organisation based in Western Australia
Applications will be accepted from applicants with their lead organisation / institution based in Western Australia. Applications must make clear the innovative and transformative ideas to improve children’s health in Western Australia. Applications may originate from basic, clinical, population health or health services research. Early and mid-career researchers, with the support of a senior researcher, are encouraged to apply.
If you have any questions or want more information contact Dr Barbara Sheil, Research Grants Manager at the Stan Perron Charitable Foundation.
See the full application guidelines, templates and to apply.
Applications close: 4pm (AWST), Monday 23 March, 2020