Social Isolation and Social Prescribing 3 Part Webinar Series
A series of online forums focusing on social isolation and social prescribing are being co-hosted by Australian Disease Management Association (ADMA), Bolton Clarke Research Institute, Melbourne Academic Centre for Health, MSPGH, Monash Partners, and the Western Alliance.
The webinars are scheduled over lunchtime on the below dates. Attend one or all three!
These will include a mix of research, learnings from trials and services that have been implemented, provide an opportunity to collate what is being done across Victoria; and are open to all healthcare and social care sectors, researchers and policy makers. The seminars provide a great opportunity to hear and liaise with others working or interested in this area.
Webinar 1: Thursday 29 October 2020, 12pm – 1pm
Chair: Siân Slade, Master of Public Health Candidate, Melbourne School of Population & Global Health, University of Melbourne
- Prof Judy Lowthian, Head of Research Bolton Clarke Research Institute Connecting the Dots and the HOW- R- U? & Being Your Best Trials
- David Menzies, Manager Chronic Disease Programs, SEMPHN Care coordination in Primary Care and social prescribing
- Reclink Australia (Speaker TBA), Effect of structured programmes on the rates of drug and alcohol abuse, on mental health and on employment.
- Fran Timmins, DON Psychiatry St Vincent’s Hospital Melbourne The Safe Haven Café
Webinar 2: Thursday 26 November 2020, 12pm – 1pm
Chair: Prof Sharon L Brennan-Olsen, Director, Centre for Health through Action on Social Exclusion (CHASE), Deakin University
- Dr Rosanne Freak-Poli, Senior Research Fellow, School of Public Health and Preventive Medicine, Monash University Epidemiological association between social health and chronic disease.
- Melanie Tighe, Manager Highett and Hampton Community Centres. A Neighbourhood Houses Social Prescribing Trial
- Laura Martin, Senior Manager, Health Intelligence & Acting Director Service and System Integration, Western Victoria Primary Health Network. An overview of the social isolation grant program.
Webinar 3: Thursday 18 February 2021, 12pm – 1pm
Chair: Prof Grant Russell, Primary Care Research in the Department of General Practice, Director Southern Academic Primary Care Research Unit, Monash University
- Tamsin Thomas, PhD Candidate, Southern Cross University. Studies of Social Prescribing for Individuals Living with Mental Illness
- Dr Ines Rio, NWMPHN The IPC Health Social Prescribing Initiative
- Ellen-Jane Browne Executive Officer, La Trobe Health Assembly Social Prescribing Trial in La Trobe Valley
- Alyssa Huxtable, Western Bulldogs Community Foundation, Sons and Daughters of the West